Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vacation

I didn't go out to Mill Ave last Saturday, and missed First Friday as well. I was at Huntington Beach for vacation. I thought I might see Ray Comfort out there, because he goes there for some open air, but there was a huge surfing competition going on. It was so crowded we couldn't get near the place, so we went a little further down the beach until we could find a parking spot.

When we got there, I found a bank card laying in the sand, so I picked it up. I didn't see anyone looking for it, so I put it in my pocket, wondering how I was going to find the owner of it. There was no lifeguard station and I had no idea where I could turn it in. Finally, I figured that I would just drop it off at some branch of that particular bank. But then I saw a guy walk by, casually looking around. When he came back by again, I asked if he was looking for something. He said, "Yeah, you haven't seen a bank card around here anywhere, have you?" I said, what's your name? and he told me. I said, yes, I have it right here. He was very thankful, I didn't have any Gospel tracts on me, but gave him one of my cards. Maybe he'll check out the blog.

When we left the beach and were hanging out in a lawn area to fly kites with the kids, I found another guys drivers license and cards laying there. So, I picked those up, and since we had his license, I was able to look him up on the hotel computer and get a phone number. I called and left a message that I had found his stuff. He called back a little later. It must have been nice to have a message that someone had found your stuff before you had to cancel all your cards and get a new license. He came to the hotel and picked it up, offering a reward. I gave him a Gospel tract and my card and asked that he read that instead. It was a busy day of finding stuff and returning it to people.

We went out on the pier the next day, and met a guy and his sons who were handing out Million Dollar Bill tracts. I showed them the coin trick with the Ten Commandments coin, and gave them the last one that I had.
It was nice to get away from the heat for a weekend. Back out to Mill Ave next weekend to share the Gospel with the lost.

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: