Monday, January 8, 2018

Psalms

We’re starting off the year going through Psalms in church.  Today, as I was listening to some music on YouTube, I came across this song.
 
 
 

This one really stands out to me.  Back in October of 2006, I heard of an Evangelism “Crash Course” on the radio (KLove), so I went to it on 10/14/06.  This class was based on the Way Of The Master that Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron teach, explaining how to evangelize using the Law to show our need for a Savior.  I always knew that as a Christian, we should be sharing our faith, but I really didn’t know how to do so.  This class explained how to do it in a simple, Biblical way.  I have attended and even taught many of these classes since then. 

This class was life changing for me, and I started going out on a regular basis to share my faith with others.  At first, there was a pretty good sized group of people going out there doing this.  But slowly, over the years, the numbers got smaller and eventually it was just me.  By then, my daughter, McKayla was old enough to join me, and she’d been asking to go for years prior to this, so she started coming with me.  Occasionally, we’d see someone else out there doing the same thing, and it was encouraging when we did, it just wasn’t often. 

But as the quote in the picture shows, I would still follow Christ, alone or not.  I knew this was something that I had to do. 

Then I met Chris and Nick, who introduced me to Rachel, and all of her amazing songs.  And now we have a group of people evangelizing and street preaching again.  Matt, who I’d met before, David, who I met online, Leigh, Aaron, Jamin, and my youngest daughter is getting old enough to come out now, too. 

I had been praying for a long time for more people to get involved, per Luke 10:2, and to be able to teach this in my church on a regular basis.  God has provided, in His timing, and we now have monthly classes available and more workers in the harvest field. 

 Long ago, when my mother was alive, she had told me that she felt God had some sort of special purpose for my life.  I was really nothing more than a false convert at that time, so I really didn’t think much of it.  I figured every mother probably felt that way about her children.  But years later, my sister told me that our mom had told her the same thing about me.  And my younger sister was a Christian long before I really was. 

Although my mother is no longer on this earth, maybe this is what she was thinking of.  Or maybe God has even more in store, I don’t know.  I just know that I want to follow after Him, to trust in Him with my whole life and eternity.  I praise God for all the blessings He’s given me, and want to live my life in obedience to Him, whether I walk alone or He blesses me with a group of like minded believers. 
We follow Him not to try to earn our way, and not because we think we deserve it, but out of gratitude that He would save us when we were found guilty, condemned and without hope of saving ourselves.  The God we serve is an awesome God!


Soli Deo Gloria

 
 
 

 

No comments: