Thursday, January 4, 2018

Prayer

It is amazing how God works.  I actually had an opportunity to pray at work with my coworkers in a meeting today.  Unfortunately, it often takes some bad news to open up a door like this.  One of my coworkers recently had a lump removed that turned out to be cancer from melanoma that had gotten into the lymph nodes.  She’ll be getting treatments for this and just wanted to let everyone know what was going on, so we had a quick unit meeting. 
 
After explaining the situation, and expressing her faith and trust in God through all of this, another coworker said that it might be a little different, but asked if we could pray for her.  Our manager agreed and they asked me to do so.  It’s not often in these days of attacks on the Christian faith that an opportunity like this would come up in the workplace. 
 
I thank God for this opportunity and pray that He would be with my coworker, encouraging, strengthening and helping her deal with whatever comes in this experience and that He would heal her in a miraculous way.  I also pray for my other coworkers, as well as myself, that God would draw us closer to Him.  It is so easy to get distracted with all of the day to day activities in this world and neglect to put Him first, as per the first of the Ten Commandments. 
 
Please keep my coworker and her family in your prayers.
 
Soli Deo Gloria

 

No comments: