Sunday, March 7, 2010

Saturday 03-06-10

This week on the street was kind of crazy. I went out alone, as Tom was sick and Dan twisted his knee. I found Marcus out there, he’d been there all day by himself at the beer festival happening on Mill Ave.

I passed out some tracts, Marcus did a little open air preaching. A couple of drunks approached him, and some kids that wanted to ask some questions. I took the group of kids. They basically just had some skeptic type questions and comments about Christianity copying other religions. They told me I should watch a movie called “Zeitgeist.” I had heard of it, but didn’t know too much about it. I’ll have to look into it again.

I did some open air, and then some others joined us from urbanevangie.com. Wally and Emily were talking to a Muslim from Turkey named Hussein. He had to go pick up his girlfriend, but promised he’d be back to discuss things further with them.

We passed out more tracts and then I got up to do some trivia. I gave away a couple of bucks and got a guy to stop for the good person test. He admitted to lying, stealing, blaspheming and lusting, knew he’d be found guilty and sent to hell, but it simply didn’t concern him. He had a little postmodernism in his thinking, and I could not get him to admit that the thought of hell concerned him. He didn’t believe it and would not go there. He said he respected what I was doing, and that he wouldn’t say that I was wrong but he didn’t believe it. He left with an “Are You Good Enough to Get into Heaven” tract and said he would read it.

Then a group of about 6 or 7 kids with gaged piercing in their ears showed up to ask a bunch of questions and heckle.

Another guy showed up to ask, “what if I get horny?” I had no answer for him, but when he pressed further I went into the 7th Commandment and lusting, but he claimed that wasn’t what he was talking about. Since he just wanted to distract and argue for shock value, I pretty much ignored him, so he claimed I had no idea what I was talking about.

Amidst all of this, Hussein came back to talk more, but I was the only one left, except for Justin, and he was talking to someone else. He wasn’t part of the original talk with Hussein anyway. Another young guy was asking me questions about different issues he had with Christianity, and claimed there were inaccuracies in the Bible. However, Hussein was a bit drunk and kept interrupting, and I never got a chance to talk to that guy. Hussein liked to debate, and neither of us was able to convince the other, but hopefully he had some stuff to think over later in the night. We shook hands and he left - please keep him in prayer.

A couple of drunken unbelievers stopped by to help pass out some tracts. I don’t know who gave them some, but they were handing them out.

Then there was the crazy guy who would dance around us chanting nonsensical lyrics about God, politics, the CIA, and whatever else popped into his head. Strange night, but God’s Word was proclaimed through preaching and tracts, and may He be glorified.

No comments: