Monday, March 22, 2010

Saturday 03-20-10

Tom wasn't feeling well and I hadn't heard from anyone else, so I headed out to Mill Ave on my own. When I arrived, Allan was already there handing out tracts.

We continued distributing tracts for a while, and then I got on the soap box. I didn't have any cash on me to do trivia, so I just preached the Word, taking people through the Law and their need of a Savior, then sharing the Grace of God through the Gospel.

We didn't really get into any productive one 2 one coversations, but did get quite a few tracts out there. Marcus, Phil and Mike showed up a little before 9:00, as did the last two remaining members of "the Resistance" (the 'atheists' who come out to oppose the street preaching with their megaphone).

But at that time, I was just playing some Sermon Jams through the speaker.
Sermon Jams
Relevant Revolution
Later on, I played some Apologetix (a Christian parody band), who take popular secular music and change the lyrics to Christian ones. They're pretty good, you can even find a few videos on YouTube.
ApologetiX

After a while, Marcus started preaching so that the atheists would have something to do, since they can't really heckle music, and they looked bored. They hung around for a little while, but just didn't have too much to say. Overall, it was a pretty average night.
Pray for the lost, and pray for more workers in the harvest field (Luke 10:2).

Glory to God!

No comments: