Monday, July 18, 2011

Saturday 07-16-11



A guy named Lester stopped to check out the sign which has a few verses from Isaiah 53, showing fulfilled prophecy 700 years before Christ was born. He seemed to be a believer, but I took him through some of the Commandments and gave him an "Are You Good Enough to Get into Heaven?" tract. It seemed to make sense to him.

I talked with a homeless guy who called himself "Brother Tom." He agreed to go through the Good Person Test(GPT) and he said that he was a believer and had repented. He said that he does share his faith with other homeless people and can reach people that I cannot. I agreed with him and gave him an "Are You Good Enough to Get into Heaven?" tract so that he might be able to use those principles in speaking with others.

Then Richie from last week stopped by on his bike again, while I was doing some Open Air Trivia. He hung around for a while, saying that he saw "truth" in me, so I tried to give him more truth every time I could. When I saw him looking over my shoulder at women with lust, I'd mention the 7th Commandment to him. He would usually remain quiet and then change the subject, but he remembered a lot of the stuff I had talked with him about last week. I didn't think he was even listening.

He said he liked the song by the Rolling Stones, "Sympathy for the Devil", (kinda random, but a little strange, since I had had a discussion on Facebook about a particular "church" that performed this song on Easter Sunday.)

I was able to talk about the Ten Commandments with him some more, and the fact that none of us are considered good by God's standards. He didn't have much to say on that subject and still wouldn't take any tracts from me, but now I know that he's listening, even if he doesn't like it.

"Boonie" and a friend got a few trivia questions right and went through the GPT. He found that he was not a good person when held to God's standard, and seemed to take it seriously, while his friend, who said he'd been through the test before seemed a bit unstable. He was laughing and a little crazy. He wouldn't take a tract because he said he had a bunch of them, so I gave him a Ten Commandment coin, which he liked. Boonie took an "Are You Good Enough to Get into Heaven?" tract and said he'd read it. He was raised Catholic and had looked into some different religions.

The drummers showed up around 9:30, but they went somewhere else for a while and didn't set up the drums until around 11:00, so we packed up once they got started. Over all, it was a productive night.

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: