Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Saturday 09-03-11

An atheist came up with a million dollar bill tract that he didn't think was appropriate, since he claimed that Jesus was against money. He and a friend were arguing about this, and Tom just handed them a different tract, and started the Good Person Test (GPT), but they left before we could get through the whole thing. I don't get it. How does an unbeliever think he can explain how our beliefs should work?

A woman was walking by and wouldn't take a tract, because she was a "Christian and didn't need it". Tom asked her why she wouldn't give it to someone else then. She walked away, but came back again to say that she does share her faith. So, Tom asked her to share with him so that he could learn more, but she refused, saying that she would not be quizzed on how she does it. This usually means that they don't. I offered her a "Are You Good Enough to Get into Heaven?" tract, and she claimed she was familiar with Ray Comfort's ministry and gives money to them, but she certainly didn't put it into practice in any way. It was kind of a weird night.

It was kind of slow at first, but got busier later on. Tom sang for a while with a couple of musicians that were out there in our usual space (I told ya it was a weird night).

As I was doing some Open Air Trivia, one guy got all three questions right and stayed for the GPT. He was found guilty of breaking God's law, and when I asked him if he would then be sent to heaven or hell and he said heaven, because he's already repented. He wouldn't listen to any more and walked away. I told him repentance is only half of it, that he must place his trust in Jesus Christ as well, but he continued on his way, too afraid to listen to any more.

A guy named Kevin stopped when I offered him a tract, and claimed to be a Christian. He said he shared the Gospel and was familiar with WOTM. I asked him what he thought of it, and while he wouldn't condemn it, he didn't use it, either. He seemed to concentrate on love instead, without showing people the reason they need a Savior. We discussed this for a while, but I couldn't pin him down to what his specific beliefs were. When people avoid clearly stating what they believe, yet attempt to sound as if they're in agreement with you, I find they are normally either unsure of their beliefs or they are so strange that they cannot share them with someone until they pull them in on a superficial level first, like some sort of cult.

I saw Brandt talking to some clown - no really, this guy was wearing clown make-up like the Joker. His name was Jimmy, (I think we've spoken with him before), and he claimed that he likes pain and will be happy in hell. The fact that he's talked to us more than once tells me he's not so sure about that. He had a friend who was hanging around, but wouldn't take a tract and said he didn't have to talk to me. He did his best to ignore me until they both headed off down the street.

Maybe we'll see Jimmy again. I pray the Lord will work in him, growing the Gospel seed that was planted.

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: